Saturday, February 2, 2013

PROJECT 1: People/Portrait Photos & Digital Drawing

This final section of the first part of this project displays people. The first image, is an abstract, close-up view of a pop-art dot painting of a lady's face. The second image is one of me,  looking into a smudged metal sign (also abstract). Finally, the representational photo of the group is that of a girl standing in the doorway, outside of a building. The digital drawing is a self-portait of me. 

This first photo was taken in Holman Hall. On one of the walls of Holman Hall there are many graphic, comic-book like images of a woman's face. When I took this picture, I simply zoomed-in with my camera on the detailed dots, mouth, nose, and part of hair.

This image, also taken in Holman Hall features me taken the picture. The reflection was caused by the dirtiness and smudges of a sign. The bold number 3 creates grounding and contrast and helps create a more interesting image.

This phone-like image was taken outside of Holman Hall. The blurriness of the image adds to its style of allowing it to look like it was taken with a cellphone camera. The irony, being that the girl in the photo was also looking at her cellphone.

This piece was created using a standard pencil, and Photoshop. First, I sketched out a quick outline on paper, then scanned it into the computer. After that, I used Photoshop to paint the image, within the pencil lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment