Sunday, May 5, 2013

FINAL - Research

          For my final Digital Imaging I project, I used, both, Photoshop CS5 and Illustrator CS5. Photoshop was used to brighten or dull images. It was also used to adjust contrast and create the 4 x 4 inch shape of each little pattern square. Illustrator was then used to organize the little pattern squares into the appropriate design. In some cases, Illustrator was used to create a light filter on some of the images to allow the image to better "fit-in" with the surrounding visuals.
           The camera used to take all of the images seen in final design was simply an iPhone 4s camera, the only one readily available whenever an interesting pattern was seen. Though the images were taken with a phone camera, the quality was pretty decent and I am happy with the quality of each image. Anything that needed to be fixed relating to the camera image was done in Photoshop CS5
            The influences that I received through tho project were nautical ones. At first, i was going to use random patterns of random things and arrange them into an interesting larger pattern. However, i decide to stick to a theme and I chose a nautical one. Nautical images of driftwood and rocks inspired the outcome. Also a large inspiration came from nautical patterns, such as stripes and solid natural colors.


Some examples of photos taken with iPhone, used for the final result. All photos below are before they were edited in Photoshop CS5 and Illustrator CS5:




No comments:

Post a Comment