Sunday, May 5, 2013

FINAL - Self Evaluation

Overall, I think the project definitely succeeded. Once i started i was a little weary about how everything was ring to come together, but i am overall very happy with the result. At first, I was very unorganized and had a really rough concept of what i wanted. Even then, though, I thought my original idea was a good one and did not need to be perfected further. However, once I started to put the images together, I realized that they needed some help and the idea really needed to be revisited. Once it was narrowed down to a nautical theme, the rest was easy and very fun. My love of the beach, also contributed to the outcome of the piece because I enjoyed it even more. Due to the piece trunin g out great, there is not anything i would change about it except the size. The piece would have look better even bigger than it is, but that would have cost a lot more money. Therefore, due to money restrictions, I decided to print it out on 11 x 17 paper, making each square 10x10, with the entire piece being 20x20 inches. All of the colors work well together because they are all very "rich" in color whether is be the navy blues, yellows, or browns. The two larger images complimented the pattern 10x10 squares, too and vise versa. All four squares created a truly classy-nautical look.

In the future, I love to expand on this further. As stated above, the final piece looks like a, ad for companies such as Ralph Lauren, Sperry's Top Sider, and Tommy Hilfigger. As a graphic design major, design ads for companies is a huge role. In addition creating signaled and posters to be hung in the stores is also important. The design I created would also be great as a hanging poster or something to be part of a window display, which I also find intriguing. I also use Illustrator more then Photoshop and I realized (by doing this project) that Photoshop is a greta tool ion creating graphic design-esque creations. In conclusion, I enjoyed this project, with very few regrets and would love to do more of this kind of work into the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment